Tuesday, February 28, 2017

This is My Brave

I thought school counselors in the area might be interested to know about an upcoming performance in Des Moines. This is My Brave is a non-profit organization with the mission "to end the stigma surrounding mental illness by sharing personal stories of individuals overcoming mental illness through poetry, essay, and original music, live on stage, through stories submitted and published to our blog, and via our YouTube channel.Des Moines is hosting a production on Friday, March 31st at 7:00p.m. at the Temple for Performing Arts. Sponsors of the event include NAMI and the Iowa Mental Health Counselors Association. Tickets cost $21.50 and can be purchased online. Some of the stories could contain sensitive material, so the show is considered PG-13. Feel free to share the poster or info with anyone you think might be interested!


(As a side note, I personally know the organizer of the Des Moines event, and she has asked me to open their show by singing the Sara Bareilles song, "Brave," which is performed at every This is My Brave production. I'm pretty excited to contribute to a performance with such a great mission!)

Thanks!
Amy


Amy Anderson, Counselor
Willowbrook Elementary
300 - 17th Ave SW
Altoona, IA 50009

No comments:

Post a Comment